This blog is a way for me to share my perspective – thoughts, opinions, and ideas. The process of articulating what I think helps me sharpen what I think. I’ve found no better way of getting clear on my ideas than by putting pen to paper, or in this sense, by putting fingers to keyboard.
Let me take a step back and share with you what my purpose in life is. My name, Travis, comes from an English and French place name that described a person who lived near a bridge or ford, or occasionally as an occupational name for the collector of tolls at such a location. The place-name Travis is derived from Old French traverser (which comes from Late Latin transversare), which means “to cross.”
As a Leadership Coach and Organizational Development Consultant, my life’s purpose is to coach and guide others as they journey to cross over from who they are to who they want to be. Sir John Whitmore, a pioneer of the executive coaching industry, said that “Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximize their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.” You can think of coaching as the ability to draw out answers and consulting as the ability to provide answers. My approach is to wear both hats as I coach the person and consult the problem. My purpose is to be a bridge for others by helping them make positive changes in their life by designing the life of their dreams and taking consistent action towards realizing it. This website and blog are a platform that I will use to fulfill my purpose in life. In a way, this blog is for me. At the same time, I’m also intentionally sharing my thoughts and ideas with you, the reader. This blog is for you, if:
- You want to live a life of purpose, meaning, and fulfillment
- You want to learn ideas, concepts, tools, resources, frameworks, or mental models to be more successful in life
- You want to get out of your own way and stop being your worst enemy
- You want to be crystal clear on your natural talents
- You want to improve your leadership skills and abilities
- You want to communicate more effectively with people in your life, both personally and professionally
- You’re not satisfied with just getting results and instead want to design your results intentionally
If any of that resonates with you, then I invite you to subscribe to my newsletter to ensure that you don’t miss a blog post. At the end of the day, when I have something to say, I’ll say it. Here.
// You don’t write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say. // F. Scott Fitzgerald